Since the coronavirus outbreak, most people were forced into home quarantine. This also followed the suspension of our daily routines from school, leisure, work, etc. However, this doesn’t mean that the world should stop - we should find a way to keep our activities working, especially for work and business.
We now have a popular trend of shifting our activities online. Lessons, meetings and other activities are utilizing the opportunity to make tasks possible online. One of the most popular meeting application is Zoom.
For this week’s Hot Topic by Real Estate IQ, we have discussed the Dummies Guide To Using Zoom, you can check it on the link below to know how to use the Zoom Application.
Zoom is considered to be the leading and popular video-conferencing application because it allows you to do these important things:
1. Ease Of Communication
You wouldn’t want to use an application if it has issues with its communication features. Zoom can do all the functions that another meeting application has. So check these notable communication features of Zoom:
- Share screen during a call - sharing your screen is very useful especially if you want to share a presentation with your attendees. This allows your attendees to easily understand what you are talking about.
- Record your sessions - this feature comes in handy when you want to share your session with all other people who failed to attend the meeting. This way, they can still catch-up on your presentation even though they failed to attend the meeting.
- Brainstorm using it’s in-app whiteboard - this feature is very fun to use as it allows you to easily share your thoughts and vision to your attendees. This makes online conferencing looks like a face-to-face meeting.
- Phone meeting - no matter where you are, you can use Zoom using your phone. This comes in handy if you don’t want to bring your laptop around. What’s more convenient in this function is that you can work on your laptop while listening to the meeting session that you have to help you be more productive.
Check out our discussion for this Hot Trend and learn If you are a newbie and want to learn how to use the Zoom application, we have a special and comprehensive discussion and tutorial for you. Check it out here:!
Zoom is free to use. You don’t even need an account to host or join a meeting. To enjoy more features of the zoom including the recording, unlimited hours of meeting sessions, and other stuff, you may choose to create a premium zoom account. Regardless if you’re a free or a premium user, Zoom is still cost-effective since what you will pay for is worth it especially if you often host meeting sessions.
3. More Productive
There are barriers that an online conference cannot overcome compared to a face-to-face meeting. Zoom managed to bridge this gap by adding very helpful features to the application. To name a few, here are the most productive ways to utilize Zoom:
- Schedule Your Meeting - Zoom’s meeting schedule can help you be reminded of your future sessions. This works effectively if you’re the kind of person who usually forgets your meetings.
- Make Polls - if you want to ask questions during a meeting session, Zoom has a feature to launch polls and get a real-time response which you can see live. What’s more exciting is that you can have consecutive sessions in a single launching of a poll.
- Live Chat Conversation - Zoom has two distinct conversation features. The first one is a conversation tab where you have the option to discuss along with the other attendees, or you can privately message a certain individual during the meeting. The second one is a Q&A tab where participants can raise questions and have it answered live by the host.
- Panelist Support - hosting a meeting can be challenging for an individual, fortunately, Zoom has a feature of having a panelist to serve as your co-host during a session. You can add more than one panelist for a session and they have visibility about the entire meeting to help you moderate it.
- Peer-Control - Zoom allows other attendees to take control of the other participant’s computed. By allowing access to a specific attendee, he/she can navigate the screen. This can be very useful when you need personal help from your colleagues like looking for a specific document, navigating through tools, and various situations.
4. Control Participants
Zoom allows the host to have authority in the entire meeting. This is one thing that a face-to-face meeting doesn’t have. Through Zoom, the host can put the attendees on the waiting list and will only be allowed to enter the meeting session when the host is ready. The host can also put the participants on mute so that no one can disturb the discussion. Most importantly, meeting hosts has the authority to remove any attendees from the meeting session.
As you can see, the Zoom application has a lot of promising features to help your online business, especially for meetings and webinars. Since a lot of people have been using Zoom, it has proven itself to be the most reliable tool for business.
Interested to know about the latest and hottest trends every week? Register for our FREE WEBINAR and learn how the hottest trends can help you in your real estate business!